A new mod project that will introduce the realities of death to the game in a way the Sims has never touched on because it is not a positive experience. However, without this experience, this Sims itself lacks the true depth of a life simulated.
Summary of Changes
We added/changed the following:
- RELIABLE REPORT A DEATH CALL: Previously this phone option only appeared when a Sim nearby was dying. Now, this option will always be present with some consequence if called when there isn’t a deceased Sim nearby.
- NEW REMAINS HANDLING OPTIONS: With this update, you will now have quite a few options on how to handle your Sims remains.
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE OPTION: You can give your Sims additional time to grieve and handle arrangements.
- NEW FUNERAL SERVICE EXPERIENCE: No longer are you relegated to a rabbithole. You can now have a full service with everyone you know outside of the EA event system.
- MULTIPLE DEATH HANDLING: Multiple Sim Deaths will each have separate arrangements.
- NEW BURIAL OBJECTS: Instead of just keeping the urn or tombstone in the normal spots, you can now place them in a Tomb or Mausoleum with other family members or friends.
- CUSTOMIZABLE TOMBSTONES/URNS: Instead of all Sims getting the basic tombstone, you can now choose whichever tombstone you want your Sim to have.
- UPDATE 08/05/21 – Cottage Living Update: Proper burial process for Farm animals if this Pack is installed.
The initial Mortem stages after death are still in place. You will still need to call the Medical Examiner with your Sim’s Cell Phone. If you don’t have another active Sim nearby to do so, an NPC will take care of calling after a while. The Grim Reaper will also still not appear, meaning no bargaining to bring a Sim back from the dead. Just the cold, hard truth that the Deceased is no longer with them.
With that, the Deceased’s body will remain until another Sim calls Emergency Services by way of their cellphone in the Household menu with the “Report a Death” option. If you have SNB-Bills in-game as well and the remaining Sims in the household do not have cell service, a Sim nearby in the neighborhood will be pushed to the Deceased’s location to call for the family.